Mount Borah, the state’s highest peak at 12,662 feet, looks out over the sweeping plains near Mackay, beckoning hikers and climbers to ascend its slopes.
Things To Know
- The prime season to climb Mount Borah is from mid-July to mid-September.
- There is no entry or access fee.
- Five camping units are available.
- The standard climbing route ascends the southwest ridge, known as "Chicken-out Ridge."
- If climbing in cold season, be sure to bring an ice axe and crampons and be prepared for weather changes and possible delays.
Adventure In Your Inbox
Want more Natural Attractions adventures like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up below for new adventures monthly.